Many federal agencies rely on decades-old, obsolete technologies to support critical mission programs, essential functions, and daily operations.
Agencies are challenged to provide a secure environment as access becomes increasingly open and legacy systems potentially lack the flexibility to adapt to these changing needs. Modernizing legacy systems can be very challenging, risky, costly, and resource intensive; but, with the right strategic approach, the risks can be mitigated and costs lowered.
ACT-IAC is continually developing resources to assist agencies successfully plan and manage their legacy system modernization efforts.
- FITARA and IT Management Maturity Model version 2
- ACT-IAC Comments on the Report to the President on Federal IT Modernization
- ACT-IAC Report Legacy System Moderation: Addressing Challenges on the Path to Success
- ACT-IAC White Paper: Challenges and Solutions for Small Agency IT Modernization
- ACT-IAC White Paper: Cloud Migration Case Studies from Representative Government Agencies
- ACT-IAC White Paper: TBM CXO Value Conversation
- ACT-IAC White Paper: IT Management Maturity Model In support of the implementation of FITARA Version 2
- Expand IT Management Maturity Model - Version 2 of model was released May 2019
- Technology Business Management (TBM) C-Suite Value Conversations/Stakeholder Analysis