Acquisition policy is an overarching topic for ACT-IAC. Our activities focus on innovation of the acquisition process to deliver technology solutions.
Some of the activities within ACT-IAC include:
- An Acquisition Community of Interest that serves as a knowledge network of government acquisition professionals, contractors, academics, and others who share information and experience about acquisition challenges, developing and piloting innovative solutions, and disseminating best practices.
- Cloud Acquisition for Federal Enterprises (Cloud CAFE) project
- Myth-Buster programs to clarify policy
- DOD 809 Working Group provided suggestions to DOD on acquisition improvements
- Accelerating IT Modernization Through Acquisition Innovation Initiative
The ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation, in coordination with the Acquisition and IT Management and Modernization Communities of Interest (COIs), is conducting an "Accelerating IT Modernization Through Acquisition Innovation Initiative". The initiative is designed to speed the adoption of innovative acquisition practices to accelerate the IT modernization called for in the President’s Management Agenda (PMA). The initiative is sponsored by OMB’s Office of Federal Procurement Policy and led by Tim Cooke, who successfully led the ACT-IAC Acquisition Excellence Conferences in 2017, 2018, and 2019. The initiative has four teams focused on successful acquisitions of modern technology, acquisition process improvement, resources and authorities that enable enhanced acquisition, and successful buying organizations and what makes them successful. Interim results from the initiative were presented at the Acquisition Excellence 2019 conference March 12, 2019. Additional products are planned for release by the end of June 2019.