Acquisition policy is an overarching topic for ACT-IAC. Our activities focus on innovation of the acquisition process to deliver technology solutions.
Some of the activities within ACT-IAC include:
- An Acquisition Community of Interest that serves as a knowledge network of government acquisition professionals, contractors, academics, and others who share information and experience about acquisition challenges, developing and piloting innovative solutions, and disseminating best practices.
- Myth-Buster programs to clarify policy
- DOD 809 Working Group provided suggestions to DOD on acquisition improvements
- Accelerating IT Modernization Through Acquisition Innovation Initiative
Current and Upcoming Projects and events
- The ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation, in coordination with the Acquisition and IT Management and Modernization Communities of Interest (COIs), is conducting a project to speed the adoption of innovative acquisition practices in support of the goals in the President’s Management Agenda (PMA). The initiative is sponsored by OMB’s Office of Federal Procurement Policy and led by Tim Cooke. In 2019, the project created the "Periodic Table of Acquisition Elements" - a platform to capture best practices across the acquisition lifecycle. Efforts in the coming year will focus on maturing the platform, enhancing its content, and promoting its adoption and use.