Overview of the Voyagers Program
The ACT-IAC Voyagers Program is a leadership development program for rising leaders in government and industry with high potential for future advancement. The objective of the program is to prepare mid-level managers for their future roles in industry and government. Educational courses are based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications and the program focuses on creating true collaboration through a 1:1 ratio of government to industry participants. This enables the class to address complex workplace issues within the federal technology marketplace in an open and not-for-attribution environment. This is a highly competitive Program and agencies/companies are encouraged to nominate only their strongest candidates.
“The ACT-IAC Voyagers program exceeded all of my expectations. The benefits of this professional development program are invaluable and I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to participate. The opportunity to connect with so many talented, passionate individuals in both government and industry is one of the cornerstones of the programs and what makes it so unique. Throughout the program you are introduced to several thought leaders and are given the opportunity to discuss common challenges and best practices towards solving these challenges. I look forward to continuing to contribute to the community and build upon the network developed during my time as a Voyager for years to come.”
IT Specialist, Department of Homeland Security, Office of the Chief Information Officer
Voyagers Graduate 2017
“The ACT-IAC Voyagers Program is one of the best professional experiences I’ve had in my career. It is an opportunity to build friendships with 30+ rising leaders from both government and industry and expand your network across the almost 1000 member ACT-IAC Fellows. The program is like a mini-MBA (without papers) tailored to our industry. As a Voyager, you have the opportunity to expand your understanding of government, advance your career, contribute to our community, and have a lot of fun at the same time.”
Workplace and Mobility Solutions, DXC Technology
Voyagers Graduate 2017
The ACT-IAC Voyagers program is unlike any other leadership development program and provides the following experiences:
- A facilitated open and trusted partnership with a 1 to 1 ratio between government and industry who collaborate over a nine-month program that allows both sides to “walk in the others shoes”
- Real-world leadership training based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Enhanced leadership and communication skills to help drive your team and organization or agency towards better results
- Opportunity to collaborate with other high achievers who are facing similar challenges and helping their agencies and organizations to develop meaningful solutions
- Increased understanding of other agencies and industry operations
- Forum to discuss best practices and how industry and government can work together to improve mission enablement
- Attendance at Acquisition Excellence
- Run by senior government and industry professionals
- Up to 50 Continuous Learning Point’s or 5 Continuing Education Unit’s
- After graduation, individuals become a member of the ACT-IAC Fellows community – the premier, trusted collaborative network of over 850 accomplished government and industry executives focused on solving governments toughest challenges
All Prospective Applicants: Must have 6+ years of experience and be involved with:
- Must be able to dedicate 2-3 days per month for activities between September and May
- Must be able to attend two separate offsite sessions that will include an overnight stay at a facility outside the immediate Washington, DC area.
- Each candidate must be recommended by an executive in his or her respective company or agency.
- Federal employees Grade 11-13 with at least 3 years of federal experience, newly promoted GS 14s will also be considered
- Have a well-rounded background in their discipline and/or career within their agency
- Recognized as a “rising star” in the government technology community
- Be recognized as a mid-level leader and serve as a key role in their organization
- Have experience across a broad range of business activities
- Only one person per industry company should apply and can be accepted.
- Must be employed by an ACT-IAC Member company
Participant fee is $4750 for government and $5495 for industry. This includes all meals, facilities and overnight accommodations.
*Please note attendance at all Voyagers sessions is expected.