Overview of the Voyagers Program
The ACT-IAC Voyagers Program is a leadership development program for rising leaders in government and industry with high potential for future advancement. The objective of the program is to prepare mid-level managers for their future roles in industry and government. Educational courses are based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications and the program focuses on creating true collaboration through a 1:1 ratio of government to industry participants.
Applications for the Voyagers 2021 class Are CLOSED
Voyagers application deadline was Friday, August 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
To be alerted when the Applications for Voyagers Class of 2022 open CLICK HERE
The ACT-IAC Voyagers program is unlike any other leadership development program.
- A facilitated open and trusted partnership with a 1 to 1 ratio between government and industry who collaborate in a not for attribution environment that allows both sides to “walk in the others shoes”
- The ability to showcase your talent through an individual based capstone project and Voyagers Got Talent
- Experiential leadership training based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Enhanced leadership and communication skills to help empower your team and organization
- Opportunity to collaborate with other high achievers who are facing similar challenges and helping their agencies and organizations to develop meaningful solutions
- Led by practicing senior government and industry professionals
- Up to 50 Continuous Learning Points
The successful Voyager will have:
- 7-14 years of experience in progressively responsible positions across a multitude of business activities, government candidates should be Grade 11-13, and newly promoted GS 14's
- A well-rounded background in their discipline and experience across a range of business activities
- The ability to dedicate 2-3 days per month for Voyagers activities during the program duration and attend all required sessions in person.
- Be recommended by a sponsor within their organization or agency
Participant fee is $4750 for government and $5495 for industry.
This includes all meals, facilities and overnight accommodations for the offsites outside of the DC area. ACT-IAC understands and is accustomed to helping agencies navigate uncertain budgets for more information contact Leslie Barry, Director of Professional Development at email@example.com.
*Please note only on person per industry company should apply and can be accepted. This is a highly competitive Program and agencies/companies are encouraged to nominate only their strongest candidates.
Applications for the 2021 Voyagers program will open June 5th, 2020. Applications close August 28, 2020. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST, To be notified when the 2021 Voyagers applications become available please click here.
After graduation,individuals become a member of the ACT-IAC Fellows community – the premier, trusted collaborative network of nearly 1,000 accomplished government and industry executives focused on solving governments toughest challenges
“Voyagers has been amazing! I came into the program with an open mind and eager to learn from those outside of my agency. The synergy amongst the group has made growing by ECQ’s engaging, challenging and fun!”
Industry Liaison, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Voyagers Graduate 2019
“The ACT-IAC Voyager program was the perfect combination of learning more about my public sector customers and professional leadership development. I was able to drastically expand my network, deepen my knowledge of how Cisco as a whole interacts in this space, and more about my own leadership strengths. This development program hit at the perfect time and will certainly accelerate my path forward supporting Public Sector. If you're interested in being a mover and shaker in public sector ecosystem, this is THE program to get you started!"
Cloud Advisory Technical Architect, Cisco Systems
Voyagers Graduate 2019
"The ACT-IAC Voyagers program exceeded all of my expectations. The benefits of this professional development program are invaluable and I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to participate. The opportunity to connect with so many talented, passionate individuals in both government and industry is one of the cornerstones of the programs and what makes it so unique. Throughout the program you are introduced to several thought leaders and are given the opportunity to discuss common challenges and best practices towards solving these challenges. I look forward to continuing to contribute to the community and build upon the network developed during my time as a Voyager for years to come.”
IT Specialist, Department of Homeland Security, Office of the Chief Information Officer
Voyagers Graduate 2017
“The ACT-IAC Voyagers Program is one of the best professional experiences I’ve had in my career. It is an opportunity to build friendships with 30+ rising leaders from both government and industry and expand your network across the almost 1000 member ACT-IAC Fellows. The program is like a mini-MBA (without papers) tailored to our industry. As a Voyager, you have the opportunity to expand your understanding of government, advance your career, contribute to our community, and have a lot of fun at the same time.”
Workplace and Mobility Solutions, DXC Technology
Voyagers Graduate 2017