ACT-IAC White Paper:IT Management Maturity Model 2
Must be logged in to download this document.
You must be logged in to view and download this document.
- Government employees: If you have an account, log in by clicking on login button at top of page. If you don’t have an account, click here to create your free account.
- Industry employees:
- If your company is an IAC member and you have an account, log in by clicking on login button at top of page.
- If your company is an IAC member and you don't have an account, click here to create an account.
- If your company is not an IAC member, contact April Davis for information about membership (firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-208-4800 ext. 202).
- Nonmembers: If you have an account, log in by clicking on login button at top of page. If you don’t have an account, click here to create your free limited-access account.
ACT-IAC White Paper: IT Management Maturity Model Overview: In support of the implementation of the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) Version 2.0
Developed by the IT Management and Modernization Community of Interest
Date Released: May 20, 2019
To support the implementation of FITARA, this paper proposes an updated IT Management Maturity Model to help agencies assess their maturity in six critical functions of IT management. Since the initial development and implementation of this model in September 2015, additional federal government-wide initiatives, policies, and legislation were issued that tie directly into the tenets of FITARA and IT management. Additionally, agencies provided feedback based on direct experience implementing the model that was included in this update.
The key updates to the model include adding a cybersecurity function, adding Technology Business Management (TBM) attributes, strengthening the emphasis on modernization and incremental development throughout the model, building a stronger focus on software license management, ensuring connections between IT strategic planning and IT budget planning, and including IT workforce re-training to meet IT priorities.
- Organization and Workforce
- Program Management