Overview of the Partners Program
The Partners Program offers senior leaders in government and industry a challenging curriculum to help prepare them for executive leadership opportunities such as Senior Executive Service (SES) or C-level ranks while leveraging improved and increased partnerships between and within Industry and Government.
Educational courses are based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications which provide a strong basis for areas of growth and experience in leading their Agency and Company to new and improved horizons. The program focuses on creating true collaboration through a 1:1 ratio of government to industry participants which enables the class to address complex workplace issues within the federal technology marketplace in an open and not-for-attribution environment.
The ACT-IAC Partners program is unlike any other leadership development program and provides participants with
- A facilitated open and trusted partnership with a 1 to 1 ratio between government and industry who collaborate in a not for attribution environment that allows team to “walk in others shoes”
- Enhanced leadership and communication skills to help drive your team and organization towards better results
- Experiential leadership training based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Opportunity to collaborate with other executives facing similar challenges
- Government Challenge project to help federal agencies develop meaningful solutions
- Led by practicing senior government and industry professionals
- Up to 50 Continuous Learning Point’s
The successful Partner will:
- Have 15+ years of experience in progressively responsible positions across a multitude of business activities, government candidates should be a GS 15 (or High Step 14)
- Candidates should currently be serving in a leadership role that deals with significant human capital and workforce concerns, multiple processes, and complex technologies.
- Be able to dedicate 2-3 days per month for Partner activities between February and October and attend all required sessions in person.
- Be recommended by a Sponsor within their organization or agency
Participant fee is $4950 for government and $5695 for industry. This includes all meals, facilities and overnight accommodations for the offsites outside of the DC area. ACT-IAC understands and is accustomed to helping agencies navigate uncertain budgets for more information contact Casey Harris, Director of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note only one person per industry company should apply and can be accepted. This is a highly competitive Program and agencies/companies are encouraged to nominate only their strongest candidates.
Applications for the 2020 Partners program will open October 20th, 2019. To be notified when the 2020 Partners applications become available please click here.
After graduation,individuals become a member of the ACT-IAC Fellows community – the premier, trusted collaborative network of nearly 1,000 accomplished government and industry executives focused on solving governments toughest challenges.
"As a participant in the ACT-IAC Partners program I walked away from the experience with a greater awareness and understanding of the challenges facing government and industry. The journey of the cohort through the Partners program brings leaders together to take on difficult tasks, share experiences, and lessons learned. In addition to advancing government, the result is enduring growth as a leader and lasting connections with other leaders in the community doing great work."
IT Specialist - Service Delivery, Budget & Planning, Department of Justice
2018 Partners Graduate
“The Partners program is about making meaningful connections building strong bonds between industry and government. I so valued the friendships I made over the course of the program. In fact, I stay in contact with many of the Fellows/Partners today, tapping into their experiences, knowledge and expertise and enjoying their friendship, humor and diverse opinion and thought."
Federal Civilian Practice Leader, AWS Professional Services
2018 Partners Graduate
“Participating in the ACT-IAC Partners Program was an awesome experience! What I appreciated most was engaging industry partners to learn about how they go about responding to solicitations and sharing with them the thinking that the government puts into RFP development and contractor debriefings. The Partners breakfast themes were all based on real world challenges that participants could apply to their work real time. It was just a wonderful opportunity and I’m so proud to be one of ACT-IAC’s newest Fellows!”
-- Dina T. Jeffers, CPCM
Senior Procurement Analyst, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Procurement)
Partners Graduate 2017
“The ACT-IAC Partners program is unique in its ability to bring executives from the highest levels of both government and industry together with the future leaders in the Federal IT community to openly share knowledge, experiences, and leadership lessons in a meaningful way. I was continually impressed by the level of discourse throughout the program, not only during the course of our formal events but also during the informal discussions that would take place between the members of the Partners class and its leadership, as well. I learned a lot during the course of the year, and look forward to continuing the Partners journey as an active member of the ACT-IAC Fellows community.”
Sector Growth Lead - Diplomacy, Commerce & Government Operations, General Dynamics IT
Partners Graduate 2017