Overview of the Associates Program
The Associates Program prepares entry-level professionals, with up to five years of experience, for their future roles as leaders in government and industry. This unique program fosters career growth through coaching and classroom training as well as independent and team exercises. The ten-month program trains ambitious young professionals who want to master skills such as personal branding and career management early in their careers. The Associates Program provides essential personal, team, and career development trainings by the trusted subject matter experts within the government IT community. The monthly educational programs are held outside of normal business hours and reveal real world tips and techniques from some of the industry's most successful individuals.
The ACT-IAC Associates program is unlike any other leadership development program and provides participants with:
- The opportunity to learn about current challenges of the federal IT industry
- Hear real world tips and techniques from peers, coaches, and instructors
- Perform practical, interactive exercises based on both government and industry culture
- Develop the soft skills necessary to advance more rapidly
- A network of likeminded leaders and relationships with peers, coaches, and other members
- Accelerated professional and personal growth and increased confidence
- Collaboration through classes, volunteer events, social events, and a case study project
- Earn up to 25 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs)
The successful Associate will:
- Have between 2-5 years of experience, government candidates should be a Grade 7-11
- Candidates should have a well-rounded background in their discipline
- Be considered a “rising star” in his or her agency or organization and possess a willingness to learn
- Be willing to dedicate one evening per month for ACT-IAC Associate activities between February and November
- Be recommended by a Sponsor within their organization or agency
Participant fee is $1995 for government and industry. This includes all meals, facilities and training costs. ACT-IAC understands and is accustomed to helping agencies navigate uncertain budgets for more information contact Casey Harris, Director of Professional Development at email@example.com
*Please note more than one person per industry company can apply and be accepted.
Applications for the 2020 Associates program will open October 20th, 2019. To be notified when the 2020 Associates applications become available please click here.
After graduation,individuals become a member of the ACT-IAC Associates alumni community which currently consists of over 250+ Associates alumni
“The ACT-IAC Associates program has accelerated my career. Through the program I left the bubble of my company, regularly engaging with peers across industry members and government agencies. If the relationships I built with peers, chairs, and mentors was not enough, sessions expanded my professional knowledge and confidence. The program discussed mentorship, networking, and managing up – in a context relevant to my career."
-- Andrew D’Abbraccio
Senior Business Consultant, Ventera Corporation
Associates Graduate 2018
"Participating in the ACT-IAC Associates Program was an extremely rewarding experience. What I appreciated most was networking with industry partners both in and outside of the program, building my personal brand, and gaining a better understanding of the Government IT Community. It is paramount during the early stages of a career to gain meaningful connections, and the Associates Program does just that. This program provides both the tools, and the opportunities, to polish and perfect your personal brand so that you are well equipped to grow within the Industry."
Contract Specialist, General Services Administration
Associates Graduate 2017
“The ACT-IAC Associates Program provides an eye-opening introduction to a community where government and industry collaborate, break down communication barriers, and work together as partners to solve problems and advance the government. Over the past year, I have been grateful for the opportunity to jumpstart my professional network, learn from senior industry and government leaders, acquire new skills and toolsets that I will use for the rest of my career, and join a welcoming community that I will stay involved in long after graduation.”
Senior Business Analyst, CGI Federal
Associates Graduate 2017