- May 15, 2019 - Applications open for the 2020 Class
- July 19, 2019 - Applications close. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST
- - - Please Carefully Review the Following Information Prior to Beginning Your Application- - -
The ACT-IAC Professional Development programs are highly competitive and we encourage organizations and agencies to only submit their top candidates. As a reminder, only one industry candidate per company is permitted to apply.
- A copy of the application can be VIEWED HERE
- All applications must be submitted by the deadline listed
- After all applications have been submitted they are reviewed and scored by a selection panel of government and industry executives
- The scores are compiled and aggregated by the ACT-IAC Professional Staff
- The selection panel holds a selection meeting and discusses the rationale and attributes which were taken into account when scoring candidates
- After the selection meeting a recommended list of candidates is sent to the ACT and IAC Executive Committees for approval
- Once the Executive Committees has had adequate time to review the list and provide comments the leadership team for the program is informed of the final list of candidates and begins making personal notification calls
- The leadership team for each program contacts all applicants regardless of whether they were accepted or not
- Accepted candidates must confirm their availability and organizations approval to participate in the program
- Once all candidates have been notified by program leadership a member of the ACT-IAC Professional Staff will follow up with details on next steps
- Candidates who are not accepted are encouraged to seek feedback from program leadership on their application and reapply the following year
Class sizes vary each year depending on the number and quality of applications submitted.
Application Do’s and Don’ts
- Do take your time on the application
- Do pay attention to grammar, spelling and word count
- Do answer each question completely
- Do have someone review your application before you submit it
- Do think specifically about your accomplishments and experience
- Do include your volunteer efforts for organizations outside of ACT-IAC
- Don’t wait until the night before to complete the application
- Don’t complete the application with 1-2 sentence responses
- Don’t talk about team or organizational accomplishments and/or failures
- Don’t provide false information on your application
To view a soft copy of the 2020 Voyagers application CLICK HERE.
To view the 2020 Voyagers Program Calendar CLICK HERE. Accepted Voyagers are expected to be present at all scheduled events.
The successful Voyager will:
- Have 6+ years of professional experience
- Be a GS 11-13 (if government). Newly-promoted GS-14s will also be considered.
- Be considered a “rising star” in his or her company/agency
- Be unencumbered by long-term and/or time-consuming commitments, such as graduate programs, military service, or sabbaticals.
- Be willing to dedicate one or two days per month for ACT-IAC Voyager activities between September 2019 and May 2020.
- Have exhibited strong leadership skills
- Have excellent communications skills
- Have volunteered in ACT-IAC, other associations, or non-profit organizations
- Be dedicated to improving their professional skills and knowledge