*APPLICATIONS NOW available through THURSDAY january 31st at 5:00 PM*
Overview of the Partners Program
The Partners Program offers senior leaders in government and industry a challenging curriculum to help prepare them for executive leadership opportunities such as Senior Executive Service (SES) or C-level ranks while leveraging improved and increased partnerships between and within Industry and Government. Educational courses are based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications which provide a strong basis for areas of growth and experience in leading their Agency and Company to new and improved horizons. The program focuses on creating true collaboration through a 1:1 ratio of government to industry participants. This enables the class to address complex workplace issues within the federal technology marketplace in an open and not-for-attribution environment. This is a highly competitive Program and agencies/companies are encouraged to nominate only their strongest candidates.
“Participating in the ACT-IAC Partners Program was an awesome experience! What I appreciated most was engaging industry partners to learn about how they go about responding to solicitations and sharing with them the thinking that the government puts into RFP development and contractor debriefings. The Partners breakfast themes were all based on real world challenges that participants could apply to their work real time. It was just a wonderful opportunity and I’m so proud to be one of ACT-IAC’s newest Fellows!”
-- Dina T. Jeffers, CPCM
Senior Procurement Analyst, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Procurement)
Partners Graduate 2017
“The ACT-IAC Partners program is unique in its ability to bring executives from the highest levels of both government and industry together with the future leaders in the Federal IT community to openly share knowledge, experiences, and leadership lessons in a meaningful way. I was continually impressed by the level of discourse throughout the program, not only during the course of our formal events but also during the informal discussions that would take place between the members of the Partners class and its leadership, as well. I learned a lot during the course of the year, and look forward to continuing the Partners journey as an active member of the ACT-IAC Fellows community.”
Vice President, Macro Solutions
Partners Graduate 2017
The ACT-IAC Partners program is unlike any other executive development program and provides the following experiences:
- A facilitated open and trusted partnership with a 1 to 1 ratio between government and industry who collaborate over a nine-month program that allows both sides to “walk in the others shoes”
- Real-world leadership training based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Enhanced leadership and communication skills to help drive your team and organization or agency towards better results
- Opportunity to collaborate with others at the senior level who are facing similar challenges and helping their agencies and organizations to develop meaningful solutions
- Increased understanding of other agencies and industry operations
- Forum to discuss best practices and how industry and government can work together to improve mission enablement
- Run by senior government and industry professionals
- Graduation at ELC
- Up to 50 Continuous Learning Point’s
- After graduation, individuals become a member of the ACT-IAC Fellows community – the premier, trusted collaborative network of over 850 accomplished government and industry executives focused on solving governments toughest challenges
The successful Partner will:
- Have 15+ years of experience in progressively responsible positions across a multitude of business activities – including, but not limited to business transformation, IT management, program implementation, marketing, development, acquisition, contracting, human resources, operations, finance, strategy, procurement and small business.
- For Government-Candidates should be a GS 15 (or a High Step 14) currently serving in a leadership role that deals with significant human capital and workforce concerns, multiple processes, and complex technologies. The candidate should be considered promotable to the SES ranks within the next 3-5 years.
- For Industry-Candidates should currently be serving in a leadership role that deals with significant human capital and workforce concerns, multiple processes, and complex technologies, and be promotable to corporate officer levels at the VP, S.VP. President, COO, CTO, CIO, and CEO levels within the next 3-5 years. Only one person per industry company should apply and can be accepted.
- Be able to dedicate 2-3 days per month for Partner activities between February and October. Please see program calendar for required dates.
- Attend all required sessions in person.
Participant fee is $4950 for government and $5695 for industry. This includes all meals, facilities and overnight accommodations.
*Please note attendance at all Partners sessions is expected.