Small Business Alliance
ACT-IAC SUPPORTS SMALL Businesses
Small businesses are a driving force in the United States economy. Over 99% of U.S. employers are small businesses. They produce over 65 percent of the net new jobs in the economy and create over 50 percent of the nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP). Studies show that small firms also produce twice as many innovations as large firms relative to the number of persons employed. Small businesses play an important role in helping government serve the nation and improve its operations. Over 70% of all IAC members are small businesses with annual government revenues under $30 million.
ACT-IAC is committed to fostering the growth of small businesses and ensuring that they continue to play an important role in the government information technology marketplace - which is why ACT-IAC launched the Small Business Alliance in March 2014. This member-focused group is chartered to promote the interests and contributions of Small Business through programs and events designed to increase member engagement, enable stronger liaison across ACT-IAC offerings and provide an in-depth Community of Interest specific to the affinity of small business, tailored to the varying levels of maturity of our members.
ACT-IAC’s small business goals are:
- Educate small businesses on how to be successful in the government marketplace.
- Provide small businesses with products and services tailored to their specific needs.
- Educate government executives on the value of small businesses.
- Provide programs that will match small businesses with government programs.
- Provide programs that will provide opportunities for small and large businesses to forge partnerships.
Highlight and recognize exceptional small businesses in the government information technology community.
GET INVOLVED: Who Should Join the Alliance?
- To be a part of the ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance you must first be a member of ACT-IAC. To join ACT-IAC please click here. To join the Small Business Alliance click here to go to the group page and click the join group button at the top of the page.
- The ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance is comprised of both small and large businesses, as well as government partners - in complete collaboration - to ensure the agenda, topics, events, and community can address the realities of small business, while enabling best practices for growth and graduation.