Opportunities for Engagement
ACT-IAC offers its members a number of methods in which they might engage to maximize the value of their membership.
Network with Peers and Colleagues in Government and Industry
Participate in Thought-Leadership with Government and Industry
For more information about getting engaged, please email us at ACT-IAC@actiac.org.
Immediate Volunteer Opportunities as of September 18, 2017
- Igniting Innovation 2018 – Call for Volunteers
- Volunteer on the planning committee for the fifth annual Igniting Innovation Showcase and Awards event
- Help shape one of ACT-IAC's most exciting, fun, and interesting events
- The deadline is September 29, 2017
- Please contact Mike Howell at email@example.com or call 703-208-4800 extension 228
- Opportunity to Improve Defense Acquisition System
- ACT-IAC is seeking recommendations for improving the defense acquisition system
- Volunteers to participate in a working group to prepare a consolidated submission to the DoD 809 Commission
- The deadline for both is October 2, 2017
- Further information is available at https://www.actiac.org/improving-defense-acquisition-system
- ACT-IAC Marketing and Communications Committee Seeks Volunteers
- Help support the ACT-IAC mission by effectively communicating the unique value and benefits of ACT-IAC and its programs and activities
- Great opportunity for marketing and communications professionals, graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, and creative professionals
- Please send an email to John Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to volunteer for this opportunity by October 6, 2017
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Forum
- Help put together the half-day program because protecting and managing access to your identity is crucial
- Interested members are invited to fill out the questionnaire at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RNJCSN9
- Deadline is October 15, 2017
The ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation provides an objective and non-partisan forum for strategic thought leadership to advance government missions through the innovative application and management of information technology.
Contact Mike Howell at email@example.com for more information.
ACT-IAC offers four exceptional professional development programs which are highly respected and noted throughout the government IT community. Those include: Associates, Voyagers, Partners and Champions. Graduates of these programs are uniquely qualified to advance to the next stage in their career. These professional development programs are only open to members of ACT-IAC. Participants are named through an application and selection process.
Contact Laura Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ACT-IAC is committed to fostering the growth of small businesses and ensuring that they continue to play an important role in the government information technology marketplace -launched in 2014, the ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance focuses on the promotion of the interests and contributions of the Small Business community through programs and events designed to increase member engagement, enable stronger liaison across ACT-IAC offerings and provide an in-depth Community of Interest specific to the affinity of small business, tailored to the varying levels of maturity of our members.
Ongoing Opportunity: Volunteer to Help the Small Business Alliance!
As ACT-IAC sponsors, IAC member organizations promote their company and their commitment to the government IT community and the ACT-IAC mission. Sponsorships provide financial support for premier ACT-IAC events such as Executive Leadership Conference (ELC), Management of Change (MOC), Acquisition Excellence (AE), Igniting Innovation and ACT-IAC Forums - and provide significant value to our sponsoring member organizations.
Contact Nicholei Jamero at email@example.com for more information.
ACT-IAC Communities of Interest (COIs) (previously referred to as Shared Interest Groups)
This is where government and industry officials work together to develop best practices, new solutions and innovative strategies to improve government through the application of technology. COIs are standing committees addressing specific issue areas and are often considered the heart of the organization. New community members are always welcome. Please contact Marietta Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Opportunity: Join our COIs anytime; click the links below for more info.
Evolving the Workforce
Financial Management, Information Sharing, & Shared Services
IT Management and Modernization
Networks & Telecommunications