Opportunities for Engagement
ACT-IAC offers its members a number of methods in which they might engage to maximize the value of their membership.
Network with Peers and Colleagues in Government and Industry
Participate in Thought-Leadership with Government and Industry
For more information about getting engaged, please email us at ACT-IAC@actiac.org.
Immediate Opportunities as of May 16, 2017
- ELC 2017 Volunteers Needed
- Seeking new and experienced volunteers who desire to grow with ACT-IAC
- This year's Executive Leadership Conference (ELC) promises to be innovative and informative.
- Please complete the questionnaire at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/17ELCVol
- Judges Needed for DC Elementary STEM Fair, June 3rd
- View exhibits and speak to students about the importance of STEM
- ACT-IAC NexUS Community and the Volunteer Corps are teaming up with the DC STEM Network for the upcoming DC Elementary STEM Fair.
- View more information
- Volunteer Opportunities with NexUS Professional Community
- Opportunities include Events, Service Opportunities and Projects, COI liaisons and Marketing and Communications
- The ACT-IAC NexUS Community, formed in 2015, is a group of early to mid-level career professionals
- For more information, e-mail Casey Harris, Manager of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small Business Alliance (SBA) Volunteers
- To volunteer and help create opportunities for engagement for the small business community, please send e-mail to email@example.com
The ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation provides an objective and non-partisan forum for strategic thought leadership to advance government missions through the innovative application and management of information technology.
Contact Mike Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ACT-IAC offers four exceptional professional development programs which are highly respected and noted throughout the government IT community. Those include: Associates, Voyagers, Partners and Champions. Graduates of these programs are uniquely qualified to advance to the next stage in their career. These professional development programs are only open to members of ACT-IAC. Participants are named through an application and selection process.
Contact Laura Smith at email@example.com for more information.
ACT-IAC is committed to fostering the growth of small businesses and ensuring that they continue to play an important role in the government information technology marketplace -launched in 2014, the ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance focuses on the promotion of the interests and contributions of the Small Business community through programs and events designed to increase member engagement, enable stronger liaison across ACT-IAC offerings and provide an in-depth Community of Interest specific to the affinity of small business, tailored to the varying levels of maturity of our members.
Ongoing Opportunity: Volunteer to Help the Small Business Alliance!
As ACT-IAC sponsors, IAC member organizations promote their company and their commitment to the government IT community and the ACT-IAC mission. Sponsorships provide financial support for premier ACT-IAC events such as Executive Leadership Conference (ELC), Management of Change (MOC), Acquisition Excellence (AE), Igniting Innovation and ACT-IAC Forums - and provide significant value to our sponsoring member organizations.
Contact Nicholei Jamero at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ACT-IAC Communities of Interest (COIs) (previously referred to as Shared Interest Groups)
This is where government and industry officials work together to develop best practices, new solutions and innovative strategies to improve government through the application of technology. COIs are standing committees addressing specific issue areas and are often considered the heart of the organization. New community members are always welcome. Please contact Marietta Allen at email@example.com.
Ongoing Opportunity: Join our COIs anytime; click the links below for more info.
Evolving the Workforce
Financial Management, Information Sharing, & Shared Services
IT Management and Modernization
Networks & Telecommunications
The ACT-IAC Rocky Mountain Chapter, headquartered in Denver, CO, provides an objective, ethical and vendor-neutral forum where government and industry executives can work together to improve government through the effective, efficient and innovative use of information technology.
Ongoing Opportunity: Rocky Mountain Chapter – Call for Volunteers
The ACT-IAC Rocky Mountain chapter in Denver, Colorado is seeking volunteers from government and industry to help guide the chapter during 2016. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership, enhance your personal network, and contribute to better government. This is both a professional development opportunity and a chance to give back to your community. More...