The NexUS Community
NexUS: Building the Next Generation of U.S. Leadership
The ACT-IAC NexUS community is built on the mission of “Building the Next Generation of U.S. Leaders” to empower rising technology leaders to navigate industry and career specific challenges and opportunities. NexUS is designed with a focus on collaboration around the latest trends shaping the government of the future, learning from key government and industry executives, and working together as a powerful community to drive positive change within the federal landscape.
Being part of NexUS is a commitment to viewing leadership as a mindset — as next generation leaders we are not waiting in the wings for a leadership position to open up or looking to advance our career by climbing a ladder. Learning from change agents who have paved the path before us and having fun along the way, the NexUS community is determined to redefine the expectations of rising leaders to meet the needs of our fast changing world.
- Quarterly Events – Attend a focused events on relevant industry policies, trends and technologies as well as management and leadership skills development.
- Networking for Purpose – NexUS provides numerous opportunities to connect with a community of 300+ individuals at social events and programs
- Leadership Development – Programs and activities that are designed around leadership and management skills which are specifically important to the challenges faced daily as well as what will be necessary to navigate to the next career opportunity.
- Government and Industry Collaboration -NexUS provides a true partnership between Public and Private Sector with both industry and government leads providing direction and leadership to the activities and goals of the community.
- Build Your Professional Brand – Opportunities to represent NexUS as a thought leader through participation in ACT-IAC’s Communities of Interest as a NexUS Liaison or being a speaker on various topics for one of our projects
- Community Service - Numerous services activities and projects that provide NexUS members an opportunity to give back to the local community.
- Mentorship – Opportunities to mentor and learn from key government and industry executives that are a part of the ACT-IAC community
- Volunteer – Ability to demonstrate leadership, enhance your personal network, and contribute to better government by taking an active role in NexUS initiatives
For more information Associate Director of Professional Development and Education, Casey Harris at email@example.com.