Network Modernization (EIS Transition) Project
The General Services Administration (GSA) EIS Program is a 15 year, $50B, multiple award contract providing telecommunications and elated services to every agency in the Federal government. More than 180 agencies currently use GSA telecommunications contracts for more than 7 million telecommunications service instances; all services must be transitioned from these contracts to EIS by the end of May 2020.
The Network Modernization's (EIS) Working Group’s objective is to help ensure the success of the EIS Program across Government and Industry by developing an EIS Transition knowledge base and identifying related best-practices to expedite orderly and accurate transitions. The Network Modernization-WG will include all interested EIS Contract Holders and other industry participants. EIS transition recommendations will come from the Network Modernization-WG or from regularly-scheduled sessions with GSA and Agencies. Sessions may be held with GSA as part of the Interagency Management Council’s meetings, at GSA’s discretion. Sessions will be held in person and/or using virtual (online) meetings to foster collaboration and reach consensus between GSA, Agencies and EIS Contract Holders on actions needed to improve execution of the EIS Program.
Specific objectives include:
- Provide guidance and recommendations to make transition away from Networx, WITS3, and others more efficient and faster, compressing the schedule where possible, but without compromise to the overall objective of delivering service under the EIS contracts
- Create measures of success that provide information to all stakeholders
- Focus on transparency, best practices, risk identification and mitigation, opportunities for transformation
- Identify issues that must be resolved at a broad government level, provide recommendations to eliminate and/or mitigate risks
- Take advantage of past work done – use the results of GAO reports, GSA best-practices, and agency information to guide more efficient and effective transitions
Group Project Deliverables
|Deliverable Name||Deliveable Type||Expected/Actual Deliverable Completion|
|Forum (on Network Modernization)||Report||June 2018|
|ACT-IAC White Paper: EIS: Alternatives to Full Service Option||White Paper||September 2018|
|ACT-IAC White Paper: High Quality Proposal Timeline||White Paper||September 2018|