ACT-IAC provides training and educational opportunities that enhance an individual's knowledge and skills. As a result, individuals have a greater chance of maximizing their career opportunities while organizations acquire a more talented workforce and are better positioned to achieve organizational missions and goals.
ACT-IAC training and education are provided through traditional courses, professional development programs and collaborative learning. The benefits of participation include the following:
- Stay up-to-date on important policies and processes affecting government’s use of technology
- Gain insights into current and emerging agency strategies, plans and programs
- Learn about best practices and the latest technological developments
- Discover how government and industry actually work – and how to talk with one another
- Acquire new skills and knowledge such as how to implement agile development strategies and navigate the acquisition process
- Learn how to operate successfully in a collaborative environment and lead in a virtual organization
- Build a network where you can meet the decision-makers and experts, and find out who you can trust
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Continuing Learning Points (CLPs) are available for many ACT-IAC activities.
For information on formal training opportunities, explore the ACT-IAC Academy. To develop your management, organizational and interpersonal skills consider the ACT-IAC Professional Development programs. For collaborative learning opportunities, consider participating in a Community of Interest or attending an event.