WHAT IS IMAGINE NATION - ELC?
Imagine Nation ELC 2018 is the premier event for government and industry executives who are interested in using technology to improve government. Imagine Nation is a “safe haven” where government and industry can work together as true partners to shape programs, policies, and strategies that will create a more effective, efficient and innovative government. The issues addressed and solutions forged at Imagine Nation will have value for all government levels – Federal, state, local and tribal.
HOW MANY WILL ATTEND IMAGINE NATION?
Attendance is expected to be between 800 and 1,000 individuals from government and industry. The attendees will cross functional and organizational lines and bring together those responsible for IT management, acquisition, financial management, cybersecurity, customer experience, human capital and mission/program management.
Also in attendance will be several hundred companies providing technology and management support to government. In addition to the corporate attendees, over 50 companies will be on hand to display innovative products and services in the TechKnow Showcase and Pavilion. Exhibitors will range from Google, Amazon, and Microsoft to small entrepreneurial start-ups.
WHAT IS THE THEME OF IMAGINE NATION?
The theme of Imagine Nation is creating a more effective and innovative government to serve our nation. Imagine Nation will provide a forum for government-industry collaboration and bring forward new innovations that will drive further advances in IT modernization, design the blueprint for tomorrow’s workforce, create new business models that take advantage of emerging technologies and fortify our nation’s data networks to achieve enterprise resilience. Three days in Philadelphia will change how government and industry work together. For the people. By the people.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR TOPICS TO BE ADDRESSED AT IMAGINE NATION?
The major topics include acquisition, business innovation, customer experience, cybersecurity, emerging technology, healthcare IT and IT modernization. A complete description of the agenda can be found at https://www.imaginenation2018.org/.
ACT-IAC HAS A NUMBER OF COMMUNITIES OF INTEREST ADDRESSING HOT TOPICS. WILL THESE BE FEATURED AT IMAGINE NATION?
Yes, ACT-IAC has eight (8) communities of interest (COIs) that address a range of issues from acquisition and cybersecurity to shared services and workforce. Several of the COIs will be featured during the program, either on panels or as parts of TechKnow. On Monday morning, each of the COIs will have a reserved table at the breakfast for those who want to join the COI leaders to learn more.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT IMAGINE NATION? WHY IS IT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER TECH CONFERENCES?
Imagine Nation is unique for several reasons:
- The agenda is designed to address the most critical issues facing government and provide opportunities for industry to help government address those issues.
- The entire event has been planned and put together by a planning committee of government and industry executives who have worked shoulder to shoulder to address the most important issues.
- The program is not just talking heads. The entire environment is designed to promote discussions and conversation.
- The event is intended to be outcome oriented. Through a diversity of formats (panels, case studies, brief talks, etc.) the focus is on collecting and producing content and ideas that can be used by attendees in their day jobs.
- The emphasis of the conference is on communication, collaboration, and learning. Attendees are urged to focus on working together to share challenges and solutions, rather than business development and marketing. The emphasis is on building relationships that will have long-term value.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
Imagine Nation will be of value to any person – in government or industry – who is interested in or responsible for the acquisition, management, use and protection of technology in the government environment. As an attendee at Imagine Nation, you will acquire the latest information, have an opportunity to share your challenges with your peers and work with them to create new strategies, learn, and expand your professional network. Some of the highlights include:
- A program on the hottest topics we deal with every day – acquisition, modernization, workforce, emerging technologies like blockchain, improving the customer experience, cybersecurity (including zero trust networks), health care and more – and a focus on information, ideas and outcomes we can use when we return to the office.
- A diversity of formats - presentations, use case discussions, innovative zones, working groups, and much more -- to educate, engage and challenge.
- Government leaders such as GSA Administrator Emily Murphy and U.S. Chief Information Officer Suzette Kent will be on hand to discuss the President’s Management Agenda and other policy initiatives that affect us.
- Thought leaders such as Jack Uldrich (global futurist) and Anne Marie Slaughter (foreign policy expert and CEO, New America) will challenge us to think outside the box.
- A dedicated training day (Sunday) with courses on topics ranging from design thinking for agile problem solving to an introduction to cyberwarfare to a deep dive into NASA SEWP.
- A TechKnow showcase and Pavilion with demonstrations and best practices from sixty industry and government organizations. More than just a trade show, the TechKnow showcase is an interactive collaborative environment with hubs devoted to modernization, customer experience, emerging technologies, and cybersecurity.
- On Tuesday morning there will a meeting just for the government attendees. This will be an opportunity to discuss some of the hottest topics with your government colleagues and leaders from OMB and key agencies.
- Exceptional networking opportunities to strengthen old relationships and forge new ones.
- There’s also an opportunity to obtain up to 28 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) if you take advantage of everything.
CAN I GET TRAINING CREDITS?
Yes, if you attend the entire conference you can earn 20 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs). If you attend the Sunday training sessions, you can earn an additional 8 CLPs.
WILL MEDIA BE IN ATTENDANCE?
Yes, a number of media outlets have confirmed their attendance.
- Federal News Radio
- Government Matters
- FedTech Magazine
- 1105 Media (FCW/GCN)
- Government Executive (NextGov)
- Federal Times
- Technical.ly (Philly)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN FULL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION?
Full conference registration includes all the events and meals from the opening Sunday evening reception to closing on Wednesday. This includes two sit down dinners, 2 lunches, and three continental breakfasts. It also includes TechKnow, the Pavilion, and TechCrawl.
The only thing not included in the full conference registration is the Sunday training. There are additional fees for each of these courses.
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER FOR THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SUNDAY TRAINING?
No. You can register for and take any of the Sunday training courses without registering for the entire conference.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TECHKNOW AND THE PAVILION WITHOUT REGISTERING FOR THE CONFERENCE?
No. Unlike traditional trade shows, TechKnow and the Pavilion are integrated into the fabric and content of the entire event. They are not separate activities. In order to visit TechKnow and the Pavilion, you must register.
WHAT ARE THE REGISTRATION FEES?
There are a number of different registration fees depending upon whether you are government or industry. Go to the web site (ENTER LINK) to see the fees available to you. For additional information, you can contact ACT-IAC at 703.208.4800 or email@example.com.
WHAT IS THE PRESS POLICY FOR IMAGINE NATION?
The ACT-IAC policy is that all sessions (plenaries, tracks, Center Stage, etc.) – with the exception of the CXO breakfast – are on the record. The CXO breakfast is off-the-record and not for attribution.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IMAGINE NATION?
October 14-17, 2018.The Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO GET TO THE CONFERENCE?
The Philadelphia Marriott is located at 1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is across the street from the Pennsylvania Convention Center where the conference will be.
The distance from the Washington, DC area is 140 miles and should take about 3 hours.
There is also an option to take Amtrak. For a 10% discount, call Amtrak (1-800-872-7245) and use code X55H-999. The offer is good for travel between October 11 and October 20. (Offer not good for Acela or other destinations.)
Upon successful conference registration, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address with hotel information. The room block for the conference is closed, however, there are several hotels in proximity to the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Aloft Philadelphia Downtown
Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Center City (SOLD OUT FOR TUESDAY NIGHT)
Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown
Please be aware that hotel reservations for Imagine Nation ELC 2018 are the sole responsibility of the registrant and are therefore an agreement between the registrant and the hotel. ACT-IAC and its staff are not responsible for errors made by either party during the reservation process.
WHAT’S THE PARKING SITUATION AT THE HOTEL?
Overnight parking at the Philadelphia Marriott is $53.90 a night. There are a number of other parking facilities in the area.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE:
The dress code for Imagine Nation is business casual.
IS ON-SITE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE?
Yes, it will be possible to register on-site.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION FEE?
Registration cancellations made before September 14, 2018, will receive a full refund. No refunds are available after that date. Substitutions may be made at any time but must be provided to ACT-IAC in writing at ELCReg@actiac.org. No shows will be charged the full registration fee.
Please be aware that hotel reservations for ELC are the sole responsibility of the registrant and are therefore an agreement between the registrant and the hotel. You will be asked to secure your hotel reservations in the ELC room block through an online reservation system when you complete your conference registration - please do not call the hotel directly. ACT-IAC or its staff is not responsible for errors made by either party during the room reservation process. Please check with your hotel for their respective cancellation policies.
Additional information on this year’s conference can be found at www.imaginenation2018.org/. Please send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ACT-IAC office at 703-208-4800.