IPv6 Community Meeting for the Federal Government
ACT-IAC is inviting you to a vendor meeting to discuss the Federal government’s plan to transition to IPv6 only network infrastructure.
The Federal CIO Council is performing market research on evolving Federal networks and information services to IPv6-only systems. ACT-IAC is facilitating conversations with industry to identify significant barriers, risks and opportunities for innovation that can be foreseen with this potential strategy.
- Do you see any overarching problems or risks in moving to IPv6-only?
- Is this migration something your services/products can support?
- To what degree do you test your products to operate in an IPv6-only environment?
- What type of feedback (from partners or stakeholders) would federal agencies receive as they migrate to an IPv6-only environment?
Members of the team are Federal employees and ACT-IAC representatives.
- Ms. Carol Bales, Senior Policy Analyst, OMB, Executive Office of the President
- Mr. Ron Bewtra, Chair of the Federal IPv6 Task Force, CTO, Department of Justice
- Mr. Douglas Montgomery, Manager Internet & Scalable Systems Research, NIST
- Mr. John L Lee, ACT-IAC Representative
In-person attendance only. RSVP now!
1800 and F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
In addition, NIST is offering an informational webinar on revisions to the USGv6 Program.
Date: Monday, December 16, 2019
Time: 1PM (EST)
The Webinar Will Cover:
- Revisions to USGv6 Profiles - Important dates.
- USGv6 Test Program Changes - Impact on current testing.
- IPv6 Ready Logo/Malaysia - How does this tie in?
- IPv6-Only Requirements – Implications for testing.
- Open Q&A