OMB Issues RFI for Government Effectiveness Advanced Research (GEAR) Center
The U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is seeking your help. Last month they published Delivering Government Solutions in the 21st Century: Reform and Reorganization Recommendations, and now they are taking steps toward implementing one of its proposals: establishment of the Government Effectiveness Advanced Research (GEAR) Center.
- What. The Federal Government has fallen behind the curve in adapting how we operate to the realities of the 21st century and economy. The GEAR Center will establish a public-private partnership that brings together experts in disciplines from economics, to computer science, to design thinking, in order to better connect cutting-edge ideas with real-world challenges government faces in serving Americans in the Digital Age.
- How. Through applied research and live pilot testing, the GEAR Center will help to re-imagine how citizens interact with government; rethink delivery of citizen services and data; reform core processes like procurement and IT investment; and explore how to develop, reskill and redeploy the public-sector workforce in creative ways.
- Join us. To engage partners across sectors and disciplines, OMB published a Request For Information (RFI) posing eight questions to inform next steps in standing up the Center. The RFI is available through the link on this page. You can also read the RFI and stay informed about updates and opportunitiesby visiting www.performance.gov/GEARcenter and follow @PerformanceGov on twitter. Please share your input at firstname.lastname@example.org through September 14, 2018.
- A virtual public conference is scheduled on Thursday, August 23 from 1:30 – 3:00 PM ET.
- Questions are solicited from the public to inform the conference through August 23, 2018.
- Input on the RFI is encouraged from all interested parties at email@example.com through September 14, 2018.