EPA Seeks Candidate for Deputy Director of the Office of Information Technology Operations
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has an opening for the Deputy Director of the Office of Information Technology Operations. The Office of Information Technology Operations (OITO) is responsible for programs and activities relative to the policy, management and implementation of secure enterprise information technology infrastructure and solutions in support of EPA’s mission.
The Deputy Director will:
- Serve as the Agency lead for programs and functions in areas such as policy and strategic planning, program oversight and implementation, and management of Agency hardware and software in support of the Agency Chief Information Officer and OITO Director.
- Lead in the development and cross-organization analysis of information policies affecting the entire Information Office and impacting stakeholders inside and outside the Agency.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend adjustments in Agency policies, especially those emanating from or impacted by the Office of Environmental Information.
- Lead or serve on senior level committees concerned with information technology infrastructure and statutes, regulations, standards, and policies concerning information technology.
- Exercise technical and administrative direction and control over the Office.
- Within the broad administrative framework provided by higher authority, establish overall operating policies, priorities, and procedures, and establish strategic long-range plans.
- Allocate resources within broad budgetary limitations, recommend changes in program goals and policies to higher authority, and coordinate and review program operations.
- Advise the Assistant Administrator on the development of long-range plans, relative priorities, resource allocations; initiation or curtailment of activities; and balance of intramural and extramural effort and related matters.
This is a competitive announcement on USA JOBS: For further information, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499650200