Agencies Seek Exceptional Federal Professionals for Exciting, Short-term Acquisition Challenges
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SEEKS EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALS FOR EXCITING, SHORT-TERM ACQUISITION CHALLENGES – APPLY TODAY
Acquisition Open Opportunities is an innovative new approach for matching talented government workers with agency challenges in the acquisition arena. It works like this:
- An agency identifies a specific need where it could use some new ideas or help. Projects should be short-term (many require only 4 to 8 hours of assistance) and are very focused.
- The agency places a description of the project (as well as the time required and the deadline) on the Acquisition Open Opportunities website https://openopps.usajobs.gov/.
- Interested individuals (must be a full-time government employee) submit an application via the web site. (You must have your supervisor’s approval before submitting the application).
- If selected you will do the work from your regular work location and during working hours.
- When the project is successfully completed you will gain insights into another organization, some new relationships and a sense of accomplishment and contribution. There’s no pay, but what you do get is priceless.
For individuals, this is a low risk, high ROI opportunity to acquire new knowledge and relationships while making a difference. For agencies this is a great way to generate some new and innovative input that will contribute to better outcomes.
To learn more about this innovative new program, or to find a challenge that may be of interest, go to https://openopps.usajobs.gov/.