Training Day Only - Imagine Nation ELC 2018
TRAINING DAY COURSES
SUNDAY OCTOBER 14, 2018
Introducing a day of training to kick off Imagine Nation - ELC 2018!!
Day one will offer options for immersive training on both technical and professional development topics, led by experts in their field.
Training participants are eligible for up to eight (8) Continuous Learning Points (CLPs), four for each half-day course and eight for a full-day course.
Strategic Thinking and Management
Hot Technology Topics
Sunday, October 14th, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Provided By: LearningTree
This course provides a comprehensive explanation of what blockchain is and how it is and can be used, including a technical overview and a variety of specific business and government use cases. The course will discuss decentralized networks, blockchain basics, blockchain transactions, and successful blockchain implementation.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for professionals at any level who want to learn more about blockchain, e.g., consultants, programmers & developers, thought leaders, CEO/CTO/CIO, business analysts, or managers. A deep technical background is not required to benefit from this course.
- Be able to explain “what is blockchain?”
- Understand an overview of distributed ledger technology
- Know why and when blockchain should be considered
- Be familiar with use cases for business and the government
- Know who is using blockchain now and for what
- Know how to get started implementing blockchain
- Understand the future of blockchain
Sunday, October 14th, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Provided by: LearningTree
This course, taught by Richard Spires, former DHS and IRS CIO, prepares agency and company leaders, senior executives, and management to understand, assess, and take a proactive posture to defend against devastating breaches. With this training, you gain the fundamental knowledge of the use of cyber security enterprise risk assessment, leveraging leading frameworks that help mitigate vulnerabilities and put the organization on a path to an improved cyber security posture. This course will highlight the use of the national institute of standards and technology (NIST) cyber security framework (NCF), as well as the use of the center for internet security (CIS) 20 security controls.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for government and company leaders who need to know more about treating cybersecurity as an enterprise risk management problem.
- Learn to support cybersecurity planning with leading frameworks, such as the ncf, and the national initiative for cybersecurity education (nice) cybersecurity workforce framework (ncwf)
- Understand the need for effective cybersecurity risk management
- Assess and understand the roles and responsibilities of leaders and management of your organization
- Embed the use of leading cybersecurity enterprise risk management tools and processes to better protect your organization
Sunday, October 14th, 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Provided By: SAIC
This 4-hour course provides an overview of the cyber domain, to include attack and defense methodologies. Participants have the opportunity to participate in an interactive game environment, where they are assigned to an enterprise network defense team or a cyber attack team. By utilizing tools and methods in the game environment, participants are able to gain a better understanding of defensive and offensive operations.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be valuable for non-cyber professionals and those new to the cyber profession interested in an introduction to cyber attack and defense methods..
- Understand the cyber domain from a technical and human perspective
- Describe the principles of information protection and how everyone in an organization plays a role
- List potential defensive methods that organizations can use to improve their cybersecurity posture
- List potential offensive techniques and methods used to gain unauthorized access and exploit organizational assets
- Experience realistic techniques used in defensive and offensive operations in an emulated cyber environment.