NexUS Mentor Match
Guidance is available to us in many ways, supporting us and easing our way forward in both career and life. Nobody can predict the future, however, if we decide to embrace opportunity, we place ourselves in a position to make informed decisions. On April 17th, ACT-IAC NexUS will be hosting a Mentor Match event from 5:30PM-7:30PM. This is an opportunity for mentees to find a mentor, aligning skills and expertise to give and receive guidance. Knowledge is power. The value and mutually beneficial relationship that exists between a mentor and mentee is special. Mentors can expect to re-energize their career in the form of helping others and, when we help others, we help ourselves. Mentees can expect to gain a sharper focus on what they need to know to grow professionally and personally.
Other benefits include:
- Gain insight from sharing backgrounds and history, enhancing your professional and personal development
- Gain satisfaction in sharing your expertise with others
- Build a relationship with someone outside your area and, thus, increase your network
- Give and receive feedback in key areas, such as communications, interpersonal relationships, and technical abilities, for improvement
- Learn specific skills that are relevant to your professional and personal goals
- Network with influential professionals who can broaden your reach and influence
Registration for this event is $35 for IAC Members and $0 for government attendees
Space is limited so register early.
Registration is available on a first come, first serve basis.
If you are interested in serving as a Mentor, please contact Chelsea Foster at email@example.com