Continuous Value Office: Enabling IT-as-a-Service
In an article published earlier this year, Gartner states: “Government IT faces unprecedented change as digital drives technology optimization and modernization programs. Government CIOs must ready themselves, their operating models and their platforms to remain relevant and thrive.”
From the perspective of any IT shop, IT and business service consumers need it all, “as-a-service”, now!
The Continuous Value Office (CVO) is an IT operating model that ensures the people, processes and technologies successfully meet and exceed the unique challenges posed by technology modernization and emerging technologies in Federal IT.
The high-level objectives for the CVO Webinar are the following:
- Review the state of the Federal IT and the need for a change
- Discover the structure of a Services-based IT Operating Model
- Learn about platforms capable of hosting a CVO Model: ServiceNow, BMC Helix
- Listen to a CVO success story: elements of a CVO in practice
Macro Solutions will focus on the following common elements of any CVO model:
- Business Architecture - IT organizations will get in front of their demand for IT and business services by aligning value streams to standards-based IT business practices and capabilities (e.g. Business Capabilities and Value Streams).
- Organizational Change Management - IT organizations will adopt Agile and SAFe to ensure effective, sustained organizational change and evolution (e.g. Agile: Scrum, KanBan, SAFe).
- Solution Design - IT organization will design easy to use, accessible and secure digital micro-services architectures, scalable through service centers (e.g. Microservices, Data Services, Security).
- DevSecOps - IT organization will provide DevSecOps for continuous application modernization in support of continuous application delivery (e.g. “The Factory” model, CI/CD).