Join the ACT-IAC Federal Insights Exchange and Acquisition Community of Interest (COI) on April 30th, 2019 at 20 F St Conference Center for a program featuring DHS NextGen. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently announced the EAGLE Next Generation (Next Gen) Program. EAGLE Next Gen will include two types of contract vehicles:
- DHS intends to create a portfolio of DHS IT services contract vehicles with specialized, targeted scope and (2) DHS will use existing Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), including General Services Administration's Alliant 2, Alliant
- Small Business, 8(a) STARS II, and VETS 2, as well as the National Institutes of Health's CIO-SP3 and CIO-SP3 Small Business.
Come away learning more about the DHSNextGen program with a discussion that will include:
- Clarity on the vision and next steps for EAGLE Next Generation.
- Initial thinking about criteria to determine whether a specialized contract vehicle is preferred rather than using a “Best in Class” vehicles as well as GWACs to support DHS’s diverse IT service needs.
- Understanding of the important role for small business.
- Explanation of category management and the kinds of procurement vehicles needed for the government to buy better for the mission.