Artificial Intelligence in the Workforce (Joint COI meeting)
ACT-IAC Joint Emerging Technology / Evolving the Workforce
Communities of Interest in collaboration with NexUs
Featured Topic: Artificial Intelligence in the Workforce
Please join the ACT-IAC Emerging Technology and Evolving the Workforce COIs in collaboration with NexUS for a joint meeting on the topic of "artificial intelligence in the workforce." The meeting will feature several government-focused speakers providing insights on how AI will empower the Government workforce now and in the future. You and your team can attend in person or online.
Emerging technology is going to dramatically change how work is done, and what type of future workforce the government will need. A few Federal agencies are now exploring how to implement Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). This jointly-sponsored session will answer the following questions:
- How fast is AI going to overtake government processes and workers?
- What workforce impacts should we expect from upcoming AI use in the public sector?
- What are some “lessons learned” from an agency that has implemented RPA and successfully transitioned its workforce?
Join us on Thursday, June 13, for a look into the future of emerging tech and workforce impacts.
Dr. Makada Henry-Nickie, David M. Rubenstein fellow in Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
Karen Shrum, Principal, Ernst & Young
Harrison Smith, Acting Senior Procurement Executive, US Department of Treasury (on leave from Acting Chief Procurement Officer role at the Internal Revenue Service)
Moderator: Eric Popiel, Strategic Workforce Analyst, U.S. Office of Personnel Management (INVITED)
- Welcome and Introductions – Emerging Technology and Evolving the Workforce COIs Leadership
- Updates from ET COI, EWF COI, and NexUS Leadership
- Presentation: Artificial Intelligence in the Workforce
Millennium Challenge Corporation
1099 Fourteenth Street, NW (Suite 700)
Washington , DC 20005
Remote participation logistics will be provided upon registration.