REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) invites you to the Health IT - Mobile Forum on Thursday, April 20th at the Renaissance Washingtonin Washington, D.C.
Mobile Health Apps and Telehealth applications have the potential to transform the standard approach to treating, monitoring, and educating the patient populations. These by-directional initiatives – via voice, text, data, camera images and or video functions – are opening up new ways for providers and government to deliver healthcare services to military members, Vets, general patient population and others whether they are located in the urban or rural area. Use of these tools can be from a call center, supporting and managing emergencies and disaster, monitoring patients daily without having them come to the office, providing updates to medical records and much more.
With all mobile/wireless transmission, there are concerns:
- Message transmission security
- Data storage security
- Risks of data provided by patients that is inaccurate
- Integration and interoperability of all data into one patient medical record
- Issues with cyber criminals, malicious malware software, mobile thefts, lack of secure passwords, un-encrypted wireless transmissions, out of date operating systems and security software, unauthorized modifications changing how security is managed and even poorly secured communication channels (i.e., Bluetooth)
Objectives of this Forum:
- Determine what issues or the impact is to the government as it relates to the increase rise in usage and availability of multiple apps, to industry and the patient population
- Assess what rules, guidelines and changes have been done to date
- Determine what the government needs
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and recommendations from industry that will be consolidated back to the government in a white paper
Attendees will be eligible to receive 4 CLPs for this event.
For additional information, questions or comments about the 2017 Health IT Forum please contact Rachael Lynch, Senior Manager of Meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org
IAC Member: $250