Your Small Business has grown. Now what?
Pre-registration for this event has closed. Onsite registration at event location will be available.
The Federal government’s support for Small Business contracting has had a dramatic impact on the economic vitality of communities across the country. In some cases, small businesses have flourished, growing from a one-person company operating out of a garage to a billion-dollar organization known the world over. In others, small businesses have struggled to continue experiencing positive growth once they began to face full and open competition outside the relative safe space of the small business set aside arena.
Join the ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance on Tuesday, October 10th for Congratulations, you've graduated! What's Next? This half-day forum will foster dialogue and collaboration around the topic of strengthening small businesses and preparing them for the many challenges – some expected and some unexpected – that come with successfully achieving growth and expanding services. This forum will meaningfully engage government and industry officials, covering an array of relevant topics including
- Why do some Small Businesses succeed in making the transition to “large business” while others fail, and what lessons can be learned from previous experience
- What financial challenges should Small Businesses expect to face, and how do these financial challenges change or morph as an organization begins to scale significantly?
- Where do government agencies see so-called “mid-tier companies” fitting in within their overall contracting base?
- Do agencies see particular benefits from utilizing the services of mid-tier companies versus their larger competitors?
Attendees will receive 4 Continuous Learning Points (CLPS) for attending this training session
Attendees can expect the opportunity to:
- Learn where larger small businesses and mid-tier companies fit into the overall government contracting landscape
- Develop strategies that will allow their businesses to grow and compete in unrestricted procurements
- Help government understand the challenges facing rapidly growing small businesses and those that have recently emerged as "large" by government size standards
- Share best practices for small businesses to be able to burst through their small business size standards (and associated small business certifications) with momentum
ACT Members (Government): No Charge
IAC Members (Industry) $150.00
Non-Members (Industry) $300.00
ACT-IAC events are intended to provide an objective and vendor-neutral collaborative environment where government and industry can work together on issues of mutual interest and forge relationships based on trust. Attendees are requested to avoid using this forum for business development purposes