The ACT-IAC IT Management and Modernization Community of Interest created a working group to research and propose ways that small agencies can leverage management approaches and shared service models for IT infrastructure and standard applications, such as email or financial management, rather than having to provide such services on their own.
To assist these smaller federal government agencies, the project team outlined the steps necessary for these agencies to take advantage of resources from larger agencies and recommend strategies for overcoming the challenges associated with modernizing and using shared services.
This session, with discussants from various small agencies interviewed for the project, will discuss these strategies.
Registration is free!
Non-member: Send an email here indicating your interest.
2:00 PM to 2:10 PM – Welcome and Introduction of Program
- H. Lionel Cares, Jr., ATF, ACT-IAC Assist Smaller Agency Project Government Co-Chair
- Richard Spires, Learning Tree, ACT-IAC Assist Smaller Agency Project Industry Co-Chair
- Kirit Amin, US ITC, ACT-IAC Assist Smaller Agency Project Sponsor
2:10 PM to 3:00 PM – IT Panel
MODERATOR: H. Lionel Cares, Jr., Chief, Data Center Services Branch, ATF
- Kirit Amin, Chief Information Officer, U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC)
- Dan Jacobs, Cybersecurity Coordinator, GSA Office of Government-wide Policy
- John Moses, Director Governance and Enterprise Management Services, OCIO, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
3:00 PM to 3:45 PM - Acquisition Panel
MODERATOR: Jason Miller, Executive Editor, Federal News Radio
- Jeff Donahue, Acting Director, Procurement Department, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) and Small Agency Council Procurement Committee Chairman
- Juliet Felent, Managing Director for Office of Acquisition, Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- Brendon J. Johnson, Chief, Acquisition Management Division 1 - Acquisition Services Directorate (AQD), Interior Business Center (IBC), Department of Interior (DoI)
- Bill Zielinski, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Category Management, General Services Administration (GSA)
3:45 PM to 4:00 PM – Q&A and Roundtable conclusion