Call for Nominations for IAC Executive Committee
IAC is now seeking nominations for candidates to serve on the IAC Executive Committee. Information on the number of vacancies and the nomination process is provided below. Nominations are due by 5:00 PM (EDT) on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
IAC Executive Committee Vacancies
In 2017 there are seven (7) Vice Chair positions up for election. Each position is a two year term that will begin on July 1, 2017. The position of Executive Vice President is also up for election. This individual will join the Executive Committee on July 1, 2017 and become IAC Chair on July 1, 2018.
2016 Nomination and Election Process
Pursuant to the bylaws, the Nominating Committee will develop a slate of candidates for election to the IAC Executive Committee. That slate will be provided to the membership and an opportunity will be presented for interested persons to submit petitions to be added to the slate. All candidates, including any added via petition, will be provided an opportunity to address the membership at the May membership meeting. Voting will open immediately thereafter. Once all votes have been tabulated, the new Executive Committee members will be announced.
Responsibilities and Qualifications of Executive Committee Members
It is the responsibility of the IAC Executive Committee to provide leadership and oversight of the activities of the Industry Advisory Council in an effective, efficient and ethical manner consistent with the organization’s mission, policies and Code of Conduct. Specific activities of the Executive Committee include: advising the ACT Executive Committee, driving successful IAC activities, developing policies and procedures as needed, protecting the financial integrity of the organization and working in partnership with the Executive Director and staff.
The IAC Executive Committee operates as a governance board – one that addresses strategic issues and exercises appropriate oversight of the organization’s activities. With the exception of those positions identified in the bylaws – the Chair, Executive Vice Chair and Vice Chair for Finance – the remaining members of the Executive Committee will be elected as at-large members without specific portfolios. This provides the Executive Committee with the flexibility to dynamically assign portfolio elements to its members, based on the evolving needs of the organization and the interests and strengths of individual members.
A priority of the Nominating Committee will be to seek nominees reflecting the entire diversity of the IAC membership (company size and type, gender, race, etc.). Nominees for the IAC Executive Committee should:
- Be a full time employee of an IAC member company in good standing.
- Occupy an executive position within his or her organization (for example, CEO or Federal division leader or their direct reports).
- Be committed to the ACT-IAC mission of a more effective government and understand and support the unique role of ACT-IAC.
- Have been engaged in ACT-IAC and understand the diversity of activities on the organization's agenda
- Be able to contribute the time needed to carry out their Executive Committee responsibilities
- Be able and willing to attend other ACT-IAC events throughout the year
- Be able to operate successfully in a collaborative environment and put the good of the entire organization and its mission to improve government above individual interests, both personal and corporate.
- Be able & willing to cultivate new IAC members, solicit financial support for the organization’s activities, and cultivate and recruit volunteers.
- Have the highest ethical standards and be willing to assist in ensuring compliance with those standards by all who participate in the organization.
Individuals interested in being considered for the Executive Committee should carefully read the Responsibilities and Qualifications of Executive Committee Members as this document sets forth the criteria that will be used by the Nominating Committee to assess candidates.
The Nominating Committee is now soliciting suggestions regarding qualified individuals who would be interested in serving on the IAC Executive Committee. Each nomination should include the information listed below. Failure to provide all the requested information may result in the nomination not being considered. Self-nominations are permitted.
Nominations may be submitted electronically using the Executive Committee Nomination Form. Each submission should include the following information about the individual being nominated:
- Name, title, company and contact information of person submitted the nomination
- Name, title, company and contact information of person being nominated
- Position for which he or she is being nominated
- Brief summary of candidate’s professional experience
- Description of past or current involvement in ACT-IAC and other professional organizations
- How the candidate would contribute to the accomplishment of IAC’s mission as a member of the Executive Committee
- Any other information that the Nominating Committee should consider
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM (EDT) on March 22, 2017
For further information on the election process, contact Ken Allen (703-208-4800, ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org).