AI in the Workforce - a joint COI meeting (June 2019)
Featured Topic: Artificial Intelligence in the Workforce
Emerging technology is going to dramatically change how work is done, and what type of future workforce the government will need. A few Federal agencies are now exploring how to implement Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). This jointly-sponsored session answers the following questions:
- How fast is AI going to overtake government processes and workers?
- What workforce impacts should we expect from upcoming AI use in the public sector?
- What are some “lessons learned” from an agency that has implemented RPA and successfully transitioned its workforce?
Dr. Makada Henry-Nickie, David M. Rubenstein fellow in Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
Karen Shrum, Principal, Ernst & Young
Harrison Smith, Acting Senior Procurement Executive, US Department of Treasury (on leave from Acting Chief Procurement Officer role at the Internal Revenue Service)
Moderator: Eric Popiel, Strategic Workforce Analyst, U.S. Office of Personnel Management (INVITED)
- Welcome and Introductions – Emerging Technology and Evolving the Workforce COIs Leadership
- Updates from ET COI, EWF COI, and NexUS Leadership
- Presentation: Artificial Intelligence in the Workforce