ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance: Cloud Native Development for Mission Critical Applications
While many Federal organizations are moving aggressively to lower monthly portfolio data center costs by leveraging public and private cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings to run legacy virtual machines, this approach does not take full advantage of the potential benefits of a cloud architecture. Cloud-native development reconstructs an application in a target cloud ecosystem, and calls upon cloud services inherent in the cloud ecosystem, thus leveraging billions of dollars of continuing competitive investment by commercial cloud service providers. Cloud-native development builds on traditional systems engineering and rapid code development processes of the recent past, but adds a focus on Application Programmer Interfaces (APIs), and services invoked across a network of consumers, to make a robust and cost effective system of systems solution.
The Small Business Alliance is organizing a half-day forum to foster dialogue and collaboration around the topic of cloud native development. Cloud-native development leverages lifecycle coding processes and cloud services to provide essential functions of a mission application, saving developers and staff months of development time. The Alliance will meaningfully engage government and industry officials, covering an array of relevant topics including:
- What are the range of options, common approaches, and tradeoffs in moving to a cloud ecosystem?
- What portions of an IT portfolio should be considered for cloud native development?
- What skills enable effective cloud native development?
- What does a cloud native project look like?
- Are there development strategies for cloud ecosystem portability?
- What is the business case for cloud native development?
- What policies impact cloud native development?
Attendees will receive 4 Continuous Learning Points (CLP) for attending this training session
Attendees can expect the opportunity to:
- To further the conversation between industry and government and understand the most effective application of cloud native development concepts for their mission systems.
- Share best practices for cloud native development.
- Promote an understanding of where cloud native development fits in the list of cloud migration options for workloads in an IT portfolio.
- Provide useful tips to small businesses to build staff skills for cloud native development.
- Describe certifications for cloud native development.
Training Session Fees:
Industry Non-Member: $300.00
ACT-IAC Industry Member: $150.00
ACT-IAC Government Member: 0.00
Programming for the ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance is not eligible for non-member participation. If you are interested in attending this session please contact April Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) to inquire about ACT-IAC membership.
ACT-IAC events are intended to provide an objective and vendor-neutral collaborative environment where government and industry can work together on issues of mutual interest and forge relationships based on trust. Attendees are requested to avoid using this forum for business development purposes.