The State of Hybrid Cloud in Government and Industry – A Panel Discussion
Hybrid multi-cloud has been the talk of government and industry for the past few years. With a recent survey revealing that 87% of companies participating are currently adopting a hybrid multi-cloud strategy or have plans to do so in the future, it is evident that this strategy is here to stay. With offerings from diverse vendors, enterprises can get best-in-class services, mitigate risks and avoid vendor lock-in. Hybrid cloud also enables greater flexibility for Enterprises to control where their sensitive data resides, allowing them the ability to keep sensitive data in-house while simultaneously leveraging the robust computational resources of one or more private or managed public clouds.
But with promise comes challenges, as every cloud platform is based on its unique architecture which may not be compatible with other cloud services. Enterprises may find it difficult to have a unified view of their on-premise and cloud services portfolio, struggle to have efficient hybrid multi-cloud operations, and manage consumption across their entire portfolio. As such, cloud management platforms become relevant in these times as Enterprises look for cost optimization, security & compliance, self-service management and improve hybrid multi-cloud operations.
Join us in our panel discussion where IBM cloud leaders will discuss their recent experiences in working with government and commercial clients to drive value from hybrid cloud solutions. We will address trends in the industry and recent challenges and successes, focusing on management of the hybrid multi-cloud environment.
- Share the perspectives of industry experts on the current state of hybrid cloud
- Discuss the evolution of hybrid cloud strategies and competing definitions of hybrid cloud
- Discuss recent hybrid cloud initiatives, success stories, and lessons learned
- Explore the differences in how government and industry approach cloud computing
- Address challenges with managing workloads in a multi-cloud environment
- Discuss trends in cloud computing, and explore how future customers will drive value
Pete Thiringer (Moderator), Associate Partner, DHS Hybrid Cloud Services Leader, IBM GBS Federal
Hillery Hunter, Vice President & CTO, IBM Cloud
Scott Robertson, Partner, Cloud Strategy and Services Leader, IBM GBS Federal
Kevin Aylward, Partner, AWS Leader, IBM GBS Federal
Kyle House, Partner, Senior Program Executive, IBM GBS Federal
Introductory Statements (20 min)
- Panelists introduce themselves and their background in hybrid cloud
- Each panelist explains some recent experiences or specific perspectives related to hybrid cloud (5-10 minutes each)
Panel Discussion (30 minutes)
- Open panel format, moderator directs specific questions to panelists
Q&A (10 – 15 min)
- Panelists receive questions from the audience