ACT-IAC Briefing on Zero Trust Project
Join ACT-IAC and the Cybersecurity COI for an informative program on Zero Trust. At the meeting, you will hear from the ACT-IAC Zero Trust project team about their work related to potential federal agency adoption of zero trust security and modernizing cybersecurity.
Serious cybersecurity incidents demonstrated that current approaches to protecting government systems and data are inadequate. Today’s information technology is expanding and evolving into mobile and cloud-enabled environments and has rendered traditional approaches to protecting our government systems and data insufficient. Unless these deficiencies and challenges are addressed effectively and expeditiously, the government will be unable to properly protect our national assets and realize the potential benefits technology advances offer.
In 2019, ACT-IAC published a report on the current Zero Trust trends including with market research, presentations and demonstrations, and evaluation of the underlying trust algorithms. Soon after, ACT-IAC embarked on phase 2 of the Zero Trust project to determine the impact Zero Trust initiatives have currently on federal agencies and help federal agencies start planning for future engagements.
- Welcome and Introduction - Dan Jacobs, Theodore Gates, David Harris
- Quick summary of the Zero Trust Project - Phase 1 and Phase 2
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence's (NCCoE) Zero Trust initiatives - Alper Kerman, Security Engineer and Project Manager, NCCoE, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Panel on "Perspective on Zero Trust from State CISOs"
- James Weaver, Chief Information Officer, State of North Carolina
- Maria Thompson, State Chief Risk Office, N.C. Department of Information Technology
- Michael Watson, Chief Information Security Officer for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Moderator: Dan Jacobs, Cybersecurity Lead, Centers of Excellence, GSA
- Report from Zero Trust Project Working Groups
- Use Cases - Kenneth Myers, Scott Hoge
- Capabilities - Lauren Fishburn, Steve Vetter
- Vendor Outreach - David Harris, Jodi Kohut
For questions about this event, contact Nancy Delanoche, Director, Communities of Interest, at [email protected]
Zero Trust Use Cases
ACT-IAC White Paper: Zero Trust Report: Lessons Learned from Vendor and Partner Research