Acquisition Excellence 2017 will be held on June 13, 2017 at the Renaissance Washington in Washington DC.
A successful team requires seeing the field from multiple perspectives, weighing opportunities and risks together, and possessing more skills than any single individual could alone.
The acquisition process has several phases: research, proposals, pricing negotiations, accounting, legal, and ultimately, the integration of two, or more, entities. No one single person can be an expert in all of these segments, so teammates engage when needed and slip out when they've successfully completed their piece. While there is never really a large group of active people working on all of the tasks together at the same time, a succession of players comes and goes helping the team work toward a common goal.
Theme of this year's Acquisition Excellence Conference is: Acquisition is a Team Sport.
AE 2017 is an education and training event that will bring together the government and industry acquisition communities in order to collaborate on the latest acquisition challenges and generate innovative solutions for potential implementation. AE2017 will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to be effective. By participating in Acquisition Excellence 2017, attendees will learn best practices, network with fellow acquisition professionals, and help generate solutions that could solve their daily acquisition challenges. Government attendees will include contracting officers and specialists, program managers, legal professionals and acquisition leaders and policy makers. Collaboration between these stakeholders will be emphasized during the conference and will be a primary benefit for attendees.
Attendees will be eligible to receive 0.6 CEUs for this event and/or 6 CLPs.
- Carole Banks, Acting Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Department of Treasury
- Sonny Bhagowalia, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Systems & Chief Information Officer, Department of Treasury
- Anita Blair, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and Chief Human Capital Officer, Department of Treasury
- Iris Cooper, Senior Procurement Executive, Department of Treasury
- Soraya Correa, Chief Procurement Officer, Department of Homeland Security (Invited)
- Chip Fulghum, Acting Under Secretary for Management, Department of Homeland Security
- Stacy Marcott, Acting Chief Financial Officer, Department of Homeland Security (Invited)
- Richard Staropoli, Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security (Invited)
- Shanna Webbers, Bureau Chief Procurement Officer, Internal Revenue Service
Invited Session Speakers and Moderators:
- Capt. Michael Abreu, Program Manager, Naval Enterprise Networks (Invited)
- Robert Burton, Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Greg Byrd, Contracting Officer, IT Services Contracts Operations Division, FAS, General Services Administration
- Bryna Dash, Director, IBM Federal Cloud Unit
- Mark Fox, Senior Manager, Global Defense Programs, Amazon Web Services (Invited)
- Casey Kelley, Director (Acting), Office of IT Services, General Services Administration
- Doug Lynn, Leadership Partner, Gartner (Invited)
- Andrew Mansfield, Executive for Network Centric Development and Integration, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Centers (Invited)
- Tim Morton, Chief Information Officer, Office of the Department of Defense (Invited)
- Joanie Newhart, Associate Administration of Acquisition Workforce Programs, Office of Federal Procurement Policy, Office of Management and Budget
- Denby Starling, Vice President, Navy & Marine Corps, DXC Technology
1. Drive Cost Out and Innovation In
2. Teaming Up to Tackle Constraints
3. Upping your Game in Complex IT/Services Acquisitions
4. The Art and Science of Delivering Outcomes through Government and Industry Collaboration
IAC Member: $395
ACT-IAC events are intended to provide an objective and vendor-neutral collaborative environment where government and industry can work together on issues of mutual interest and forge relationships based on trust. Attendees are requested to avoid using this forum for business development purposes.