Online Registration for this event has closed. Onsite registration will be available.
UNLEASHING THE POWER OF IoT AND DRONE technology
Attendees will be eligible to receive 4 CLPs for this event.
The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) invites you to Drones in the Federal Airspace and Internet of Things (IoT) Forum on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at the Renaissance Washington in Washington, DC.The theme, "Unleashing the Power of IoT and Drone Technology', will focus on how drones and IoT are currently being used in the federal arena and look to the endless possibilities that IoT and Drones can offer.
The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (Drones) is increasing for commercial and Government use as well as for leisure. The different uses are many, which can include drone solutions in the protection of critical infrastructure. If we consider IoT the connector to of devices, a drone is a device in the family of IoT. Drones are replacing stationary connected sensors which can be used to deploy in multiple locations, capable of in flight reprogramming, intelligence gathering, geospatial positing and more. This will require solutions capable of managing, categorizing, analyzing and providing information in multimedia formats. Analytics and business intelligence tools combined with the data received from drones will empower decision makers enabling them to abstract, predict, and react to real-time solutions.
- Chris Taylor, CEO, Govini
- Brian Wynne, CEO, Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
- Mitesh Dave, Wireless Communications Specialist, Drones Business Unit, Intel
- Stephen George, Senior Engineer/UAS Project Lead, Federal Aviation Administration
- Laura Grant, Head of Digital Innovation Public Sector, SAP
- Captain Phil Hall, Emerging Technologies Officer, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Maria Horton, CEO, EmeSec
- Cory Milam, Director of the Office of Innovation within the Office of Information Technology & Management, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health and Human Services
- David Preznuk, Macro Solutions
- Eddie Reyes, Senior Law Enforcement Project Manager, The Police Foundation
- Andrew Scharnweber, Associate Chief, Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection
- Bryan Schromsky, Director of Federal Government & Public Safety, Verizon Wireless
- Kurt Schwoppe, Business Development Manager for Imagery, Esri
- Bruce Quirk, UAS Liaison, U.S. Geological Survey
- Katie Qutub, Health Systems Officer for Latin America and Caribbean Bureau, USAID
- Matt Walsh, Director of Product Management, AT&T/FirstNet
- Understanding of the use cases from federal agencies
- Better understanding of the intersection of technology, data, and analytics
- Understanding existing barriers to entry
- Providing a showcase of drone application in the federal and private sectors
- Understanding current and proposed regulatory direction
- Understanding the risk “bad actors” and impact to society
- How drone manufactures partner with technology firms to deliver customized products and produce desired solutions.
IAC Member: $250
ACT-IAC events are intended to provide an objective and vendor-neutral collaborative environment where government and industry can work together on issues of mutual interest and forge relationships based on trust. Attendees are requested to avoid using this forum for business development purposes.