Online Registration for this event has closed. Onsite registration will be available.
UNLEASHING THE POWER OF IoT AND DRONE technology
Attendees will be eligible to receive 4 CLPs for this event.
On July 26, 2017, ACT-IAC hosted the Drones in the Federal Airspace and Internet of Things Forum. The event welcomed more than 75 industry and government professionals to this half day event. Experts in the field discussed the regulatory requirements and impacts; the technology, data and analytics; and explored use case examples from U.S. Geological Survey, USAID, FirstNet, and DHS.
Observation from the panel discussions included:
- a diverse number of needs for drones across the commercial and government sector such as disaster response,
- ocean research, border protection, delivery of supplies to remote areas,
- beach erosion,
- the healthiness of crops,
- Smart Cities,
- and many others.
A white paper will be produced by ACT-IAC as an outcome of this event. It is expected to be available beginning in September.
Related Press Coverage:
- Chris Taylor, CEO, Govini
- Brian Wynne, CEO, Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
- Mitesh Dave, Wireless Communications Specialist, Drones Business Unit, Intel
- Stephen George, Senior Engineer/UAS Project Lead, Federal Aviation Administration
- Laura Grant, Head of Digital Innovation Public Sector, SAP
- Captain Phil Hall, Emerging Technologies Officer, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Maria Horton, CEO, EmeSec
- Cory Milam, Director of the Office of Innovation within the Office of Information Technology & Management, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health and Human Services
- David Preznuk, Macro Solutions
- Eddie Reyes, Senior Law Enforcement Project Manager, The Police Foundation
- Andrew Scharnweber, Associate Chief, Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection
- Bryan Schromsky, Director of Federal Government & Public Safety, Verizon Wireless
- Kurt Schwoppe, Business Development Manager for Imagery, Esri
- Bruce Quirk, UAS Liaison, U.S. Geological Survey
- Katie Qutub, Health Systems Officer for Latin America and Caribbean Bureau, USAID
- Matt Walsh, Director of Product Management, AT&T/FirstNet
- Understanding of the use cases from federal agencies
- Better understanding of the intersection of technology, data, and analytics
- Understanding existing barriers to entry
- Providing a showcase of drone application in the federal and private sectors
- Understanding current and proposed regulatory direction
- Understanding the risk “bad actors” and impact to society
- How drone manufactures partner with technology firms to deliver customized products and produce desired solutions.
IAC Member: $250
ACT-IAC events are intended to provide an objective and vendor-neutral collaborative environment where government and industry can work together on issues of mutual interest and forge relationships based on trust. Attendees are requested to avoid using this forum for business development purposes.