REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
'Prescription for healthcare cyber'
The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) invites you to the annual Cybersecurity Forum on Thursday, May 4, 2017 at the Renaissance Washington in Washington, DC. This year's theme "Prescription for Healthcare Cybersecurity " will focus on challenges and barriers the health care industry encounters when securing itself against cyber-attacks.
Nearly four-fifths of executives at healthcare providers and payers say their information technology has been compromised by cyber-attacks. Since many organizations achieved their interconnectivity by evolution, resulting in inadequate controls, investment in cybersecurity needs to become part of a cohesive, coordinated digital strategy. Effective, low-cost mechanisms are already in place to shield against many elements of the cyber threat. However, far too often executive leaders wait until they are compromised to test their response plans or do not fully embrace cyber as a business risk.
Three panels, comprised of civilian, defense, and commercial health care executives, will discuss how they have implemented strategies and safeguards to address evolving cybersecurity threats. The panel will also explore technology barriers and gaps required to effectively share information and threat intel across healthcare sectors. Greater understanding and guidance are needed to help healthcare bolster information security and reduce their organization’s footprint to cyber threats. In reality, Cybersecurity is an enterprise-wide risk management issue that needs to be addressed from a strategic, cross-sector, supply chain, and economic perspective.
The goal of the forum is to help attendees address the following questions:
- How do you align strategic security planning with business strategy?
- What new capabilities or approaches are necessary to prepare for, and respond to emerging threats (medical devices, ransomware) and disruptive technologies (IoT)?
- How do you communicate risks in business terms and leverage sound security practices in your organization?
- How should a health care organization effectively leverage the NIST Cybersecurity Framework?
- What measures is the HHS Cybersecurity Task Force taking to address evolving threats and continuing regulatory and legislative mandates? How can government and industry partner to accelerate this communication?
- What are the barriers to sharing actionable intelligence regarding cybersecurity threats between government and commercial industries?
- How is industry blending training and communication methods to more effectively provide security awareness training? How do you measure a high-impact security awareness program?
- What is the best way to communicate effectively to the C-Suite regarding the resources required for security products and services?
- How should an organization prioritize decisions on how to best identify and defend valuable data assets?
Attendees will be eligible to receive 4 CLPs for this event.
For additional information, questions or comments about 2017 Cybersecurity Forum please contact Rachael Lynch, Senior Manager of Meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org
IAC Member: $250