Since 2014, a paradigm shift that leverages Category Management principles and the associated Acquisition Gateway is fundamentally changing the federal acquisition system. The Government's goal is to transform the acquisition system into a new ecosystem that produces better and more timely mission support and best value for taxpayers, by facilitating better government and industry engagement and providing better information, tools, transparency, and opportunities to large and small businesses and the acquisition workforce.
Please join ACT-IAC and the General Services Administration (GSA) on March 1, 2017 and find out how Category Management is producing good results today and engage and collaborate with us to make Category Management and the Acquisition Gateway work even better going forward. Help shape the future of this initiative, as well as work toward fostering stronger relationships in the acquisition community.
By attending this conference, attendees will be eligible for 6 CLPs and 0.6 CEUs.
FEDERAL ACQUISITION PROFESSIONALS - By attending this one day user-centered educational and training event, you will:
- Program managers, CORs, and acquisition professionals will learn about the government's plans to make acquisition faster and higher value in IT, Professional Services, and Security and Protection.
- Be introduced to new networks and the Acquisition Gateway tools to improve mission delivery.
- Walk away with understanding, contacts, and hands on demonstrations of the value of buying more like a business does.
INDUSTRY - By attending this one day user-centered educational and training event, you will:
- Learn about and influence the government’s plans to act more like an enterprise, better understand its own requirements and needs, and align more smoothly with industry’s ability to deliver in IT, Professional Services, and Security and Protection.
- Walk away with a new understanding of what the government plans to do and what it is not planning to do
- Learn how to best position your company to be even more valued as partner in federal mission delivery
What Attendees Can Expect:
- Direct interaction with executives and category managers, with a special emphasis on IT, Security and Professional Services.
- Real-world use cases and storytelling that demonstrate how category management and the Acquisition Gateway make it easier to complete tasks and supports smarter decision-making at each step of the acquisition lifecycle.
- Innovation lab sessions that will give attendees opportunities to either participate in usability testing, offer feedback on planned user experience upgrades, or initiate the co-creation of new tools and resources important for their agencies or for the types of acquisitions they manage.
A full speaker list is available here.
ACT-IAC and the General Services Administration (GSA) are co-sponsoring this educational and training event. This co-sponsored event does not constitute or imply an endorsement by GSA of ACT-IAC, or any of ACT-IAC's products and services.
IAC Member: $300