Artificial Intelligence Forum: Discover What Agencies are Doing
Registration for this event is now closed. Onsite registration is available.
Government and the Reality of Artificial Intelligence
Attendees of this event will be eligible for 4 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs)
The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) invites you to Government and the Reality of Artificial Intelligence on Wednesday, October 11, 2017, at the Renaissance Washington in Washington, DC.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) via advanced analytics, machine learning, and cognitive computing is no longer science fiction. Commercial applications of AI are proliferating, and a growing number of federal agencies are exploring the applications of AI to their organization’s core missions and operations. In fact, The National Artificial Intelligence, Research, and Development Strategic Plan state that AI will have a transformative effect on Government and can strengthen our economy and better our society.
By attending this half-day educational event, you will have the opportunity to not only hear from government and industry Subject Matter Experts (SME) but also have the chance to participate in an audience based lightning round. This segment will detail how Government uses data to power AI solutions, show where AI is having a real and tangible impact, as well as provide lessons learned within the space of AI.
The goal of this forum is to accelerate a coordinated effort across government and industry which will track the progress and take full advantage of the impact of AI investments. As government leaders move to capitalize on the full potential of AI technologies in your agency, this event will also highlight best practices on responsible adoption of AI based on unique government requirements, AI specific experiences, and lessons learned in adopting advanced technologies.
- Jeff Alstott, Program Manager, Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA)
- Matthew Beale, Federal Business Development Manager, AI Products Group, Intel
- Carl Buffington, Chief Technology Officer, ASRC Federal
- Jeff Butler, Director, Data Management, Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Dominic Delmolino, Managing Director, and Chief Technology Officer, Accenture Federal Services
- Josh Elliot, Principal, Data Solutions & Machine Intelligence, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Melvin Greer, Senior Principal Engineer, Chief Data Scientist, Public Sector Americas, Intel Corporation
- Erin Hawley, Vice President, Public Sector Business, DataRobot
- Justin Herman, Emerging Citizen Technology Inter-Agency Program Lead, General Services Administration
- Bhavish Madurai, Partner, Cognitive Analytics & AI Leader, US Public Sector, Global Business Services, IBM
- Meagan Metzger, Chief Executive Officer, dCODE
- Martijn Rasser, Director of Analysis, Kyndi
- Dr. Evann Smith, Senior Data Scientist, Thresher
- William Sullivan, Vice President, and General Manager, Cloudera Government Solutions
- A. Michelle White, Director of Shared Services & IT Products Contract Operations, General Services Administration
- More Speakers to be Announced Soon!
What you will take back to the office:
- Understanding of the main technologies available today
- Practical use cases that any agency can evaluate and apply to their mission
- Examples of what works, what doesn't, and what’s next
- New agency and industry business models that will drive collaboration
- A better understanding of how AI enables and accelerates your mission
- Ethical, legal, and societal implications of AI adoption
- Government: $0
- Industry Member: $250
- Non-Member: $400